WORK WITH US
The Chicago Innovation Awards is a year-long series of events and activities with one overarching mission — to accelerate the growth of innovation in the Chicago region. Our goal is to help the economy of the Chicago region grow through the jobs, revenues, and improved lives that are the result of innovation.
Position: Communications and Membership Coordinator for the Chicago Innovation Awards
The Chicago Innovation Awards is looking for an enthusiastic, driven, and entrepreneurial self-starter to join our team as Communications and Membership Coordinator.
Primary job duties would include the following:
Internal team lead on Chicago Innovation Awards PR opportunities:
• Craft story ideas based on current Chicago Innovation Awards events and activities
• Pitch Chicago Innovation Awards news and stories to the media
Promote and manage key community-building initiatives including:
• Chicago Innovation Awards VIP Membership Program
• Chicago Innovation Awards Past Winners Alumni Club
• Assist in the execution of Chicago Innovation Awards events
• Support year-round design of Chicago Innovation Awards materials, including event invitations, announcements, event programs, print advertisements and digital banners.
• Collaboratively lead nominee analysis and judging activities
• Research and complete relevant grant requests for the Chicago Innovation Foundation
• Research new start-ups that can provide value to our corporate partners that participate in the Innovators Connection, which connects big companies with start-ups in Chicago
• Good communication, written and interpersonal skills, strong attention to detail, and an ability to manage multiple tasks in a highly organized manner.
• Positive attitude, entrepreneurial and a passion for building Chicago’s innovation community
• Basic understanding of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop
We are seeking a candidate with 1-3 years of work experience in relevant fields.
How to apply
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Position: Chicago Innovation Awards Summer Internship
Established in 2002, the Chicago Innovation Awards celebrates, educates and connects Chicago’s innovation community. The annual awards shine a bright light on the creative spirit of Chicago by focusing attention on the most innovative new products and services introduced in the region. The winners each year are innovations that uniquely fill unmet needs, spark a competitive response in the marketplace, exceed market expectations, achieve financial success, and improve people’s lives. They emerge from the public, private, and nonprofit sectors. Most importantly, the Chicago Innovation Awards remind us that innovation is thriving in the Chicago region.
Interns play a co-leadership role in identifying organizations that should be nominated for the awards, and analyzing all new product and service submissions. Interns work with the executive team at the Chicago Innovation Awards, along with our panel of judges, to research and evaluate all nominations received.
Interns also play a supportive role with the various Chicago Innovation Awards events and activities that will take place during the summer, which primarily include the Un-Gala, Chicago Innovation Summit, Innovation Doctor Is In, the Nominee Reception and the Innovators Connection.
This is a paid internship.
If you’re interested in working with us, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].