How can I be invited to attend a Chicago Innovation Awards event?
Events are by invitation only. You can sign up on our mailing list to receive invitations here:
When can I submit a nomination and when is the deadline?
- Nominations open May 1st, 2013 and are accepted until July 31st, 2013.
What qualifies me as eligible to nominate my product or service?
To be eligible for a Chicago Innovation Award, the product, service, or company nominated must be:
- Introduced within the past 3 years.
- Headquartered in the greater Chicago region, including the northern half of Illinois, southern Wisconsin, and northwest Indiana.
Can I nominate my own company?
- Absolutely! A majority of our nominations come from a company nominating their own product or service.
Is there a fee to nominate?
- No. There is no fee associated with submitting a nomination or winning an award.
If I nominate, will I be able to attend the Nominee Reception?
- Yes, all nominees are invited to attend the Nominee Reception.
If I submit a nomination, and then later have an important update about my product/service, is it too late to submit this information?
- No, please send all updates to email@example.com.
How do I know if I am a finalist or a winner?
- We will contact you directly to let you know if you are a finalist or a winner.
What criteria does the judging committee look at when evaluating nominees?
The judging committee looks at the following criteria:
- Did the product/service meet an unmet need?
- How unique is the product/service? Is this the first of its kind? If not, how is it different or better than existing products/services?
- What new value has been created for the end user?
- What financial evidence or market acceptance information does the product/service have to support it? What is its quantifiable evidence of success?
What is the timing of the nomination, judging and event process?
The Chicago Innovation Awards process operates as follows:
|May 1st to July 31st, 2013: Nominations are open and can be submitted through our website.|
|August and September, 2013: Judging period begins.|
|September: All nominees are invited to attend the Nominee Reception in September, 2013.|
|Late September: Judges determine and announce the top 75 nominees. The top 75 nominees are invited to “The Practical Innovator” at Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management on September 26th, 2013.|
|October: People’s Choice Award voting begins online for the top 75 nominees and is open for 2 weeks.|
||October 30th: Winners are announced at the Chicago Innovation Awards Ceremony.|
What is the People’s Choice Award?
2013 will mark another year of the Chicago Innovation People’s Choice Award. After the judges have selected the 75 most innovative nominations, they will be posted to our site for public voting.