Getting more women into finance roles could help eradicate the biases women face when starting a business. But that would just be the beginning to increasing diversity for entrepreneurs, Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle told the crowd of about 500 at Chicago Innovation Award’s second annual Celebrating Women in Innovation event.
Archive for the ‘press’ Category
The Illinois Institute of Technology is launching a two-year Saturday MBA program this fall, teaming with the Chicago Innovation Awards to add a twist.
A Chicago university and local innovation-focused organization are teaming up to train business students to navigate the city’s growing tech and startup scene.
Chicago Business Journal talks about our trip to Nasdaq earlier this week.
By Keri Wiginton and John Carpenter, Blue Sky
Oct. 31, 2013
October 31, 2013
By John Carpenter, Blue Sky Reporter
Oct. 30, 2013
Tom Kuczmarski, professor at Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management and founder of the Chicago Innovation Awards, talks about whether innovators are born or taught.
Tech sector draws attention — and money — as experts urge large corporations to latch onto innovation, too
By John Carpenter, Blue Sky reporter
Oct. 15, 2013
Illinois, Innovation Awards organizers to promote cooperation
June 23, 2013|By Wailin Wong, Chicago Tribune reporter
- The Wealth of Chicagoland’s Network is not Measured in Dollars — article by Chicago Innovation Awards Nominee Research Coordinator, Jena Pianin
- Crain’s Chicago Business: Innovation is also Chicago’s game
- Daily Herald Business Ledger: Suburban companies share spotlight at Chicago Innovation Awards
- The Huffington Post: High Tech Networking: Bullseye Smart Badge
- Blue Sky Innovation: Chicago innovation grabs its shot in the spotlight (Photos)