Chicago startups dominated the 10th annual Chicago Innovation Awards. Among the 10 winners brought to the stage of the Harris Theater on Tuesday night were:
* Appolicious, whose websites catalog apps for mobile devices
* Callibra, which provides translation software for hospital discharge instructions
* Narrative Science, whose software can write articles and reports from data
* Red Frog Events, creator of a brand new industry: offbeat races
* Trustwave, which makes antihacker software for credit card processors
* World Bicycle Relief, which provides bikes to the impoverished in Africa
In addition, Fresh Moves, which turned a retired CTA bus into a mobile green market on the West Side, received the “Peoples Choice” award, based on votes on the Chicago Innovation Awards’ website.